Thursday, May 8, 2014

My Home Management Binder

Hello all! Excuse me while I blow the dust off this blog again. I actually forgot about it, but now I have an app on my phone to do updates so maybe that will keep me a little more diligent. Here's hoping anyway.

I have decided to be a little more organized around the house, so I decided to do some research around the web (Thank you, Pinterest) and I have decided to break down my whole organizational task by different areas on different weeks. I thought maybe if I did it a little slowly I could stay with it better and not get burned out. So without further ado, my first big project: My Home Management Binder! *trumpets blare*



Ain't it pretty? It's a work in progress. I am still filling out sections but all & all I'm very excited about it. I saw many things on Pinterest about making your own HM Binder and the freebies to download are just endless. I took a little from column A and a little from column B to put my binder together. The snazzy cover I got was from Organizing Homelife, she had a few more to choose from and this one just inspired me!

Now, when it came to the sections of my binder I let my OCD kind of take over. I sat down and figured out what I wanted and the total came to 12 sections. Now, my OCD happened because I had these snazzy tab divders that I wanted to use and there was 16 total of them. I didn't want to have blank sections to "maybe use later", so I made a few subsections and I filled the extra four spots pretty quickly. Honestly I could've done more then 16 but I didn't want to get too crazy.


(Finance pages shown came from Thirty Handmade Days)

My sections are as follows:

  • About Us
  • Calendar
  • Finances
  • Home
  • Auto (Since our cars are extensions of our homes)
  • School (My daughter is in K, so not a lot of papers quite yet. I might make a school binder later)
  • Menu
  • Pantry 
  • Freezer
  • Pets
  • Cleaning
  • Holidays
  • Travel
  • Emergency
  • Contacts
  • Business Cards (baseball card holders filled with business cards for easy finding)

(Dixon showing off the pet section. Thanks goes to Pinch A Little Save A Lot)

If you have noticed the pages I took pictures of are blank. I didn't want to display personal information online, so you are seeing the "before" pictures I took of certain sections before I filled them in. I'm really excited about this whole getting organized thing and I will be posting updates as soon as I complete another organizing task. Wish me luck? 

Want to create your own HM Binder? Check out the blogs I visited and you can begin organizing away!


I hope all of this helps you!


No comments:

Post a Comment